Project Training Manager (Columbus, Ohio) (#912149)
Reporting to the Director of Organizational Change Management on a large-scale IT project, this position will lead a team of 5-10, internal, consultant and internationally based employees through the planning, design and delivery of training to affected employees across multiple deployments.
This leader will play a key role in helping the Project meet business, schedule and budget objectives, by emphasizing and understanding the people side of change including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures.
The main focus of the role is to facilitate the development and delivery of end-user training. This includes the plans for learning and performance support, training curriculum, development of materials, training logistics and delivery of training. All training plans and activities will align with overall project goals to minimize employee resistance, maximize employee engagement, drive faster adoption, and result in equipping affected individuals with the knowledge and skills to maximize the project benefits and achievement of the desired results for NiSource.
- Effectively executed learning initiatives, in concert with overall change management initiatives of NiFiT Project
- Faster adoption, increased utilization and higher proficiency of implemented process and technology changes associated with NiFiT Project
- Successful management of Learning Team resources (NiSource and contractors) on NiFiT Project
- Expanded and improved application of leading practices for learning, as part of overall organizational change methodology and tools
Building a Successful Team
Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's and individuals' effectiveness.
Driving for Results
Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
Planning and Organizing
Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Staying with a position or plan of action until the desired objective is obtained or is no longer reasonably attainable.
- Develop and deliver a learning strategy that supports end-user needs and the overall goals of Project
- Partner with the functional teams to understand key business process decisions and their potential impact to the organization (processes and procedures, individual roles/jobs, etc.), in order to develop appropriate learning activities
- Integrate strategy and plans with other key project areas such as Testing and Deployment - to ensure timelines and activities stay aligned
- Partner with other Change Management team members to identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and to develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns
- Oversee, monitor, and measure plan execution and effectiveness. Manage work-plan activities, reporting status, and assisting designated resources to stay on plan. Track and manage against budget.
- Lead a team in the design of end user learning materials and activities using Adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies
- Utilize standard principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
Key Work Experiences/Education:
Required for Selection
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years Training Development experience, with at least 3 years experience as Training Lead including experience on an ERP implementation or other large-scale IT project
- Experience leading teams
- Strong planning and project management skills; Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high quality results
- Exceptional communication skills-both written and verbal
- Strong skills with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, MS Project; Proficient with Visio and SharePoint
- Ability to travel at least 40-50%, as needed
Preferred for Selection
How To Apply
- Master's degree in related field
- Experience with delivery of other areas of Organizational Change Management, including communications, sponsorship and change readiness/measurement
- Experience in creating interactive courseware using Adobe Creative Suite or similar products
- Experience with CBT development tools (such as Captivate or UPK) and ability to build interactions, pop-ups, and integrate simulations into learning programs
- Experience in utilities industry
For immediate consideration, please apply on-line at www.nisource.jobs on or before September 9!