Note that this event, co-hosted with the Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME), is on Tuesday, March 19, instead of our usual meeting day.
Successful organizations must promote a culture of continuous improvement. Easier said than done for many. So what differentiates companies that can develop and maintain that culture from those that seem unable to do so?
The most successful companies realize that it is 90% about the people and 10% about the tools and techniques. Come join us at this combined AME, COE, and CCOD event where we will share real world best practices of some of Central Ohio’s leading companies. Learn how they combine Organizational Development (OD) and Continuous Improvement (CI) practices to build and leverage the capability of their people in improving business performance.
Who should attend:
• Anyone interested in learning more about creating a culture conducive to effective change
• Anyone interested in sharing experiences, whether successful or not, in creating such a culture.
• Anyone interested in learning more about how AME, OSU-COE and CCODN share common commitment to creating a culture that enables effective change
• Attendees do NOT need to be members of any of the three organizations to attend this event.
• Anyone who would enjoy some light refreshments while mingling with some cool people.
HOW “OPEN MIC” NIGHT WORKS:
• Attendees share their stories and learnings, or simply listen, question, and learn from others.
• Open networking will be followed by the facilitated “open mic” portion, where experiences and questions are shared with the entire group.
• If you think you might want to share (and that is what will make this evening most beneficial to all involved), feel free to bring a flash drive, hard copies, or posters.
• Each participant will be given approximately 5 minutes to share their story. Hit the high points of: challenge, tried and failed, tried and succeeded, current
status/next steps (or similar information)
• If you would just like to come and listen, meet a few folks in your region with similar challenges, and eat hors d'oeuvres, you are vey welcome to join us.