September Event: Social Enterprise - The Impact Model of the Future
Are profitability and positive social impact, mutually exclusive? Find out more! Join us for a discussion of this major trend. Amber Runyon will be our guest speaker. This event is being presented in partnership with Goodwill Columbus and SocialVentures
Why does social enterprise matter to OD professionals? Here’s a list of connections between Organization Development and Social Enterprise:
- Social Enterprise is about implementing sustainable change, and creating self sustaining organizations
- Social Enterprise holds within it, the belief that a small group can measurably change the world
- Social Enterprise asks us to think of talent in terms of potential as opposed to accomplishments
- Social Enterprise is disrupting the future of non-profit business model
- Social Enterprise seeks to implement systematic change to conquer systemic challenges
- Social Enterprise asks us to rethink hiring practices into operating budgets
Amber Runyon is an author, speaker, and founder of Legacy, and Eleventh Candle.
During six years of service as a hospice nurse. Amber joined medical mission trips to Honduras, Haiti, Kenya and Ethiopia. It was after she visited Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, for the first time that her life was changed.
She was deeply impacted by the deplorable poverty, war zones, famine, no water, disease and absolute filth. Struck by the heartbreaking reality of women using sex to obtain food to support their families, She began working to make a difference in the lives of the people there
As it turns out, the issues she faced in Ethiopia are universal. She founded Legacy and Eleventh Candle Co. out of the desire to bring hope to women both in the United States and in Ethiopia who’ve been vulnerable to human trafficking, abuse, exploitation and addiction.
Read more about Amber, and Eleventh Candle hereWe are pleased to announce that the Goodwill Art Studio & Gallery will be open during this event. Read more here
Digital print by Artist Andrea Contras on archival paper